Last modified: 01.07.2021
Hardy Brain Training Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the following websites www.hardybraintraining.com, www.hardybraincamp.com, www.hardylearning.com, www.hardyfocus.com and www.sherriehardy.com (our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on the Websites and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Websites.
It does not apply to information collected by the Company offline or through any other means, or information collected by any third party, including through any third-party website, application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
Children’s Personal Information
The public portions of our Websites are not intended for children. Children may be permitted access to certain restricted features of the Websites through a user account login which the Company provides to parents/legal guardians of children who are accepted into Company programs after an assessment process and only after parents/legal guardians have expressly consented to the Company’s Website Terms of Sale. During that assessment process, parents/legal guardians may be asked to provide certain personal information about their children, including name, age/date of birth and grade level. The Company utilizes this information for internal purposes only, and does not share or disclose such information to any third parties unless the parent/legal guardian chooses to purchase a training program from the Company which involves the utilization of third party educational programs (“Third Party Programs”), and in such case any personal information provided to such third parties by the Company or the parent/legal guardian shall be governed by the particular third party’s privacy or policies. Children who participate in the Company’s paid training programs may have the ability to communicate directly with the Company during the training process via a message board, chat box or other communication application accessible. The Company treats any information submitted by children confidentially and will utilize such information solely for the purpose of providing the appropriate training. Students may also have the ability to communicate on message boards, chat boxes or other communication applications provided by Third Party Programs. Any such communications shall be treated according to the privacy or other policies of such third parties.
If you are under 18, you are not permitted to utilize the Websites to (a) provide any information about yourself to us, including without limitation your name, age, postal address, email address or telephone number; (b) attempt to register on your own for access to restricted features on the Websites; or (c) make any purchases through the Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor without the express consent of the minor’s parent/legal guardian, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a minor without having obtained such consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You through the Websites and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address and/or telephone number (”personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you utilize to access the Websites and/or your website usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include website usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us through the Websites
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Websites, including information provided (a) in order to gain access to an initial assessment questionnaire; (b) at the time of registering to use restricted areas of the Websites; and/or (c) in order to purchase any of our services.
- Records and copies of user correspondence (including name, email address and phone number), if you contact us though the “Contact” form on the Websites.
- Details of purchase transactions you carry out through the Websites, and of the fulfillment of orders for services. Users will be required to provide financial information, including credit card details, in order to place an order through our Websites.
- Information provided by you or your child on any message boards, chat boxes or other communication applications only after entering restricted portions of the site via the user account login.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Websites and their contents to you.
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
- to provide you with notices about your account, purchases and subscriptions, including expiration and renewal notices.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to notify you about changes to our Websites or any services we offer or provide though our Websites.
- to allow you to participate in restricted features on our Websites.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you by email or post about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If we contact you regarding such goods and services via email, you may click the “unsubscribe” button. If we contact you by post, please email us at email@example.com with a request to be removed from our mailing list (please write “REMOVE ME FROM MAILING LIST” in the subject line).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about the users of our Websites, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information we collect or you provide:
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- to a buyer or other successor of our business in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the users of our Websites is among the assets transferred.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide such information.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, the users of our Websites, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email or postal address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may opt-out by following the procedures outlined above in “How We Use Your Information”. This opt-out does not apply to information that you have provided to the Company as a result of any purchases you make through our Websites.
- Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that we do not currently sell any data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us on the Websites. If you choose to do so, please insert “Request to Delete Personal Information” in the email subject line. You can also review and change the personal information you provided to access the restricted areas of the Websites by using your user account login and visiting your account profile page. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or other secure technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to restricted areas of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password and username confidential. We ask you not to share your password or username with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you transmit to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.